Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What to wear?


6/9/2015
What to wear?
Cambodian women dress conservatively. From my research it is my understanding that most of the time their knees and shoulders are covered. However, Southeast Asia is very hot.  I expect the temperatures while I’m there to run from 75°F to 100°F, so covering up will be difficult. I decided to pack mostly separates in a neutral color palette. With these 13 pieces I can make 31 outfits!
Clothes
1 maxi skirt
1 pair dress shorts
1 pair athletic capris
1 pair linen pants
2 knee length skirts
1 knee length sleeveless dress/swim cover up (not pictured)
4 cotton short sleeve tees
1 athletic moisture wicking tee
2 tank tops
Shoes
1 pair sneakers
1 pair Chacos
1 pair sanuks
Other (not pictured)
1 bathing suit
7 pairs underwear
1 sports bra
2 regular bras
1 rain jacket
3 pairs socks

Update: In Cambodia they did require us to cover our shoulders and knees at work.  You had to cover shoulders and knees in temples in both Cambodia and Thailand.  However, the restrictions were lifted during free time. I didn't need to pack so many bottoms.  I ended up buying cotton shorts and pants at the market that were cooler and more comfortable than the pants I brought.  The underwear from REI were the easiest to wash in the sink and wear again.  If I were spending more time there I would definitely bring a few more pairs of those.  I wish I would have packed one more bra.  I have never been one to sweat in the chest area, but in Asia I sweat everywhere! I wore the Chacos almost everywhere.  I never wore my sneakers or socks. The green skirt from Gap pictured was my coolest most versatile piece.  It has big pockets that worked well for carrying my phone and wallet around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment