Monday, June 8, 2015

My Medical Kit

6/8/2015
My Medical Kit
I am excited to try new foods in Cambodia, but I have a weak stomach. I would consider myself an amateur foodie, but here in the US I know what I can’t eat; Or rather what I may choose to eat knowing I will regret it later.  (Sorry if this is TMI but I promised honesty.)  So one of my biggest concerns going to Cambodia is illness. Even people I have talked to who have strong stomachs admit that they had problems when traveling in Asia. In researching, I discovered that counterfeit drugs are big business in Asia. http://sea-globe.com/the-drugs-dont-work/ For this reason I am packing more medications than I normally would on a trip abroad. Below is a list of everything in my medical kit, although many of the ones I packed are the Target versions.

Medical Kit
Tums
Pepto-Bismol Tablets
Benadryl Tablets
Advil
Dramamine
Imodium A-D
Prescription Antibiotic (Cypro)
Nuun Electrolyte Drink Tablets
Neosporin + Pain Relief
Band-Aids of various sizes
Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes
Sunscreen
Bug repellant wipes
Vitamin B-12
Vitamin D3
2 personal prescriptions

Update: I used the pepto tablets for my stomach, gave away some Benadryl, used Advil for aches and pains, used the Neosporin on my coral injury, and took the anti diarrheal a few times. Gratefully, I never took the antibiotic.  I used two packs of antibacterial wipes.  The Nunn tablets were yummy and helped a lot when I felt dehydrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment