Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The process so far-Where do you get a money order?

3/3/2015
The process so far-Where do you get a money order?
I went to the post office today to purchase my money order and to mail it off to Ubelong as instructed.  I stood in the long line and got my $760 money order.  I stepped to the side to fill it out and put it in the envelope. I got back in line to mail it.  I teach, so $760 is a LOT of money to me. I paid to have the envelope tracked and felt good about that decision as I walked to my car relieved and excited that this was REAL LIFE. When I got to the car I texted my travel companion almost bragging about how smart I was to have it tracked. How stupid. She asked me if they would have to sign for the envelope and informed me that if so, they would send it back.  I carefully read my receipt, which did indeed indicate that they would have to sign.  I begrudgingly walked back into the busy post office, where I got back in line. I asked the clerk if I could get back my envelope. I think she was in training, because she surprisingly placed a plastic basket of letters on the counter and tried to hand me one that did not belong to me. I found my letter and she nervously and gingerly started to rip off the sticker indicating the tracking info. As the envelope began to rip she looked anxious until I assured her I would be happy to buy a new envelope. Not long into this process she had to get a supervisor to help her.  The very sweet young supervisor insisted I fill out a form to receive a refund for my shipping.  I didn’t care about a refund; I just wanted to be able to say that the payment had been mailed. After this ordeal I profusely thanked both of them.  I don’t think I will want to show my face in that post office for a while.  I was certainly a lot of work. My entire post office trip lasted forty five minutes, forty five minutes. I can now, however say it is official.  I am going to Cambodia! This is real life.

Total- $760

No comments:

Post a Comment